Saturday, January 15, 2011

Its been awhile...

Sorry for the long wait, but so much has been going on and I really just couldn't fine the words. But I'm ready to share so here goes :) Bear with me this is gonna be long.

James David had a fabulous 1st Christmas. He got all kinds of toys and just loved every second of it. He is quite and attention hog. 

James David also started Daycare! He goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Its a great facility that works with both "normal" kids and special needs kids. We are super excited about this. Its very hard place to get into and will help him grow and adjust in so many ways. He chills all day in a a class room with 9 other babies and 3 or more women who just love and snuggle on them and play with them all day long. Also his therapists work with him there. This place is just so amazing I wish I were 4 years old so I could go there and play. 
My boy is growing up so fast. He's already 2 feet long and almost 13 lbs. He has great fine motor skills and his constantly putting everything in his mouth! I gave him some foil wrappers to play with yesterday and he managed to lean over and pick it up with his lips, sit back up, and smile. It was the cutest thing ever! Also, he has started picking his legs up to his chest! Every time I change his diaper he is constantly kicking his legs around so much that its annoying to me, but I just can't help but smile :) I am so proud of him. He can roll from his tummy to his back now too. He is the happiest baby. He laughs out loud all the time. He is the joy in my heart that helps me make it through each day. 

We are having a few problems though. POOP. It not consumes my every thought. Has James David pooped today? How much? What did it look like? Did he realize he pooped? Did he cry? Has he had his laxative? So on and so forth. We are going to see a gastrointerologist soon and hopefully that will answer some of our questions. He gets in so much pain trying to go right now it breaks my heart. :( 

But all in all everyday is an adventure and James David and I are exploring the world together. Everyday we both learn something new. Crazy how the world changes when you have a baby. Its like I'm seeing everything through a new set of eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment