Monday, October 25, 2010

Laminin: Proof of meaning behind each life.

Its funny. For as long as I can remember, every baby has always screamed through the church services at some point during the sermon. But I'd be a liar if I didn't say I think James David loves church. Even in utero he would kick like crazy every time we were there. This morning he was just a cooing while we sang "The Old Rugged Cross". Then he just sat in my lap and listened as long as he could while Bro. Kyle preached before he just couldn't stay awake anymore. For some reason he just seems to love the house of God. Perhaps its because he's been surrounded by prayer his whole life. What ever it is, it has made him a truly exceptional child.

He has a way with people I'll never understand. At only 8 weeks old, he has every woman wrapped around his finger. He brings tears to their eyes and a smile to their face. He makes even the toughest old men melt. Men that never hold babies pick him up without hesitation. How can one child spread so much love?

When I look at him and he looks at me and smiles, I know he was just meant to be. It makes me wonder how anybody could possibly abort a baby just because they have SB. For some reason people have a preconceived notion that kids with SB will have poor quality of life. They think that they are doing their children a favor by sparing them their lives because they might be a little different. News flash people: we're all different! No they might not be able to walk. But there are some people who can't say "statistics" and they get picked on more than the kid with crutches. Just looking at James David now, I know he will change lives someday. He will be somebody. He may not be the president, or find the cure to cancer, or make millions. He may end up a simple farm boy with a humble little family, but he will be somebody. People will be glad to have known him, and lives wouldn't be the same with out him. No matter what he does, I will be proud of him, so long as he lives wholeheartedly.

"13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." -Psalms 193: 13-16

Laminin <-- Click here!

1 comment:

  1. I loved him before I knew him and will love him till the day I die. And I will ALWAYS have latex free gum! He is an angel and noone could convince me otherwise. He is blessed to have such wonderful parents! And he is allready somebody. He is the baby who changed my life! In no way blood connected, he holds a most precious spot in my heart and I cant wait to see the amazing boy, the amazing man, the amazing father, husband, influence he will become. I love you precious baby boy!

    ReplyDelete