Tuesday, April 3, 2012

MINE!

Mine:
1. something or someone belonging to or associated with me

Today I dealt with selfishness at its finest. It all started when I slept in. It was great, but so not worth the rush. So after dropping James David at daycare and speeding and aggressively driving all the way across the state (or at least it felt that far), I groggily stepped out of my Sebring, and begrudgingly headed into one of my least favorite places in the world, Blount County Courthouse. 
My parents filed for divorce September 2009, and everything still isn't settled. I have watched the people who raised me turn into children all over again. The very people I thought I knew, who I have known since birth, I no longer know. So instead of working my marvelous job, I sat in the courthouse waiting and waiting to testify about who is the best parent, who did what to the carpet, and who does the washer really belong to? That time never came. After 6 1/2 hours of waiting, they issued a continuance. So I get to spend another long day, with no pay, back in my favorite place in July! yay...
Also...
James David has a new favorite word. Replacing the word "shoe" is, you guessed it, "MINE!" Everything is "mine". The teddy, the shoes, the remotes, me. Everything except his supper. My stubborn little boy got force-fed yogurt for supper tonight. That was the highlight of my day. HA!

So now as the night winds down, and I sit here to reflect on the day, I think about the immaturity of the day. So many people, young and old, fighting for things that are "mine". Yet, I can't help but think about all the things that truly are mine, and be grateful for them. I am truly blessed to have a home, food, family, and love. (See I'm not all negative ;))