Thursday, April 19, 2012

Motherhood

Motherhood:the state of being a mother. (Although this is a very blatantly obvious definition, it is suitable, because you can't descride being a mother, you just have to be one. )

Do you ever have those days where you just don't feel like going on? You feel as if your whole world is crumbling around you, and you panic. You're chest tightens, you can't breathe, and you just want to huddle into a little ball until you disappear. To just cry and cry and cry until you can't anymore. Today was one of those days. And then it wasn''t.

Everything was wrong today. I won't even go into detail. Then something amazing happened. A little boy brightened my fear ridden world. The moment I walked into daycare and his blue eyes locked on me, I froze. He opened his sweet little mouth and melted my heart with just the simple word, "HEY!"

Today we played in the floor together, and read books. He ate like a starving child. Since he's started eating he has so much more energy. We crawled around and played "Monster Baby". (A game where James David growls at me and I shriek in "utter terror."). There was the ever eventful bathtime. Full of splashes and more Monster Baby. After bathtime was mommy's favorite time. He took his meds like a big boy and we had snuggle time. He drank his sippy cup in my lap and gave me hugs and kisses and loves. He is the sweetest little snuggle bug. And then it was bed time. :)

It amazes ,me how I can love one little boy so much. He has no idea how much he means to me. How much he affects my evryday. I will never be able to thank him enough for the whole new world he has opened to me. The marvelous wold of motherhood.