Monday, April 30, 2012

Pleasantly Placid

Placid: pleasantly calm or peaceful; unruffled; tranquil; serenely quiet or undisturbed

These last few days have been truly amazing. I have seen a side of my son that I have not seen in a very long time, and, quite frankly, was afraid I had lost. Not only has he become a connoisseur of all foods, he has become a master at sign language. My son is pure genius. I'm certain of it (as every mother is :)) Last Friday James David's daycare borrowed a ZipZac and put him in it. He took right to it. He enjoyed being able to get around without having to be face down all the time. He was so excited that he was giggling and dancing and kicking his legs all around. He was absolutely precious. The only thing right now that we are having issues with is poopy. Every night he poopies in the bathtub. He loves his bath. He just cannot understand why I have to drain the water and make him take a shower with me. He's so upset and its just something he can't control. But hey, if that's my only little-man complaint right now, I would say things are going pretty stinking well. 

On the mommy front, however, things are not so peachy. I'm having quite a bit of trouble trying to find a new job. Right now I'm spending more money than I make. That is no bueno. I've been doubting My car started making a terrible,  awful noise on Thursday. The moment I heard it, my heart sank. It ended up being over $700 in repairs. Mommy just can't catch a break. The only thing really keeping me going is the man sitting next to me. Without Jonathon, I would crumble. I love him more than I think I even know. 

An exciting note, Guess who's going to Chicago to meet some family?? This girl! That's right, after much ado, I am finally going to be meeting some of my beloved's family. My mind is all a flutter with emotions about this. What if they don't like me? What if they do like me? Will this just be another family I fall in love with only to have them torn from me at a moments notice? Or will the be the family I become a part of? The ones I will spend countless Thanksgivings and other holidays with? Who knows... but it will be a memorable experience. That is one thing I am certain of. :) 

For now, I'm just taking it day by day. Even more so, minute by minute. My days are full of ups and downs. One minute I'm worrying about money, and the next I'm staring into the eyes of one of the two men I love feeling nothing but bliss in this world of trials. There's nothing more I can do than to live in the moment. I'm just rolling with the thunder.